This lamp was described by its collector as ‘Roman, of early 1st century after Christ. Pale pink. Angular nozzle between volutes, pierced handle and lateral ornaments of “ears”. Length 3.5 in. Relief. Vine branch with two bunches of grapes. (From Cyria [sic]. Bought at Stevens’s 1927)’. It belonged to Lieutenant Colonel Montague who collected over 800 classical archaeological objects, which he bequeathed to the museum on his death.
This object is not on display.