William Ruscoe was born in ‘the Potteries’ at Stoke-on-Trent in 1904. He was trained in the local schools of art and went on to set up his own studio at Burslem. He began full-time teaching in 1938 and did some tutoring at the Royal College of Art before becoming Master-in charge at Stoke College of Art.
In 1944 he moved to Exeter and set up the ceramics department at Exeter College of Art, which he ran for 25 years.
An exhibition of his work, which included his paintings and drawings, was held at RAMM to mark his retirement in 1969.
This object is not on display.