This photographic slide by William Weaver Baker shows Christchurch Priory, Dorset (formerly in Hampshire). The building was constructed in 1150 as a church for the Augustinian order founded by Baldwin de Redvers. Since the Dissolution of the monasteries it has served as a parish church. This view is taken from the River Avon, suggesting Baker was on a boat in the water, or on the far bank of the river.
handwritten 'FROM THE RIVER Christchurch' on top edge
handwritten 'Christchurch Priory -- from the River.' on mount
This object is not on display.