A teapot from one of Deller’s Cafes in Exeter.
The first Deller’s Café opened on 31 October 1906 next door to the Royal Clarence Hotel on Cathedral Yard. Later, in December 1916, a second branch opened on Bedford Street, and then a third in 1923 at 48/49 High Street.
On May 4th 1942 the Bedford Street branch was badly damaged in a Baedeker raid. It was later demolished. Deller's continued to trade in Exeter from their High Street branch until the 1970s.
This object is not on display.