Container for rifle cartridge ammunition, with a hide flap. The ends are linked with cotton ribbon. This item was captured from a female warrior of the Dahomean army after the second invasion of Abeokuta in March 1864 was defeated.
Collected by Reverend Henry Townsend in Abeokuta who participated in the defence of Abeokuta.
This object is on display at RAMM in the World Cultures gallery.