This piece was made by the potter Robin Welch. In the 1950’s Robin left Nuneaton in Warwickshire, to come to Cornwall to study at Penzance School of Art. He also worked at Bernard Leach’s pottery in St. Ives for three years before moving to London in 1960. Robin was then a postgraduate at Central School of Art in London and he started his own workshop.
In 1962 Robin had the opportunity to go to Australia. This journey was significant for the future development of his ceramic work. He returned return from Australia in 1965 when he set up a studio in Suffolk. This piece was bought by RAMM in 1968.
This object is not on display.