This helmet was used by a member of the National Fire Service in Exeter. The National Fire Service (NFS) was formed in the Second World War by bringing together local fire services and the national Auxiliary Fire Service, it lasted from 1941 to 1948. The NFS was divided into divisions and this helmet is badged as Division 18 which covered the Exeter area. During the Exeter blitz of 1942 firefighters of the Exeter Division and those of surrounding areas saw extensive service dealing with fires and the aftermath of the firestorms.
The helmet was donated to RAMM by Mr Wayne Found.
This object is not on display.