Gillie Hoyte Byrom hand paints enamels for a world-wide clientele from her studio in Dartington, Devon. She creates portrait miniatures using traditional vitreous enamel skills taught to her in Barcelona in 1990. some are of living people, others take their inspiration from historic artworks.
The original work is a watercolour on vellum, 50mm, at the National Portrait Gallery.
• Two coats counter-enamel diamond flux.
• Diamond flux on top, three coats Soyer opal white (shinier as a result).
• Hand painted over line drawing.
• Inscription on reverse hand written in gold lustre.
• Black of costume worked in grape black using green 111232, blue 12813 and purple 771234.
• Minimum 12 firings.
© Gillie Hoyte Byrom
This object is not on display.