Small ceramic models of birds and animals were popular in ancient Cyprus. This is a formalised bird figure with its wings and tail styled into a “cape-like” form, and its legs formed by a single column. It was made in the Cypriot Early Bronze Age. The man who donated this object to the museum was Commissioner of Larnaca between 1879 and 1908 and collected many archaeological objects during his time on the island of Cyprus. Unfortunately he did not record where any of the objects were discovered.