This is an alabastron (oil jar) for storing scented oil. It has a round base, short neck and a flared rim which has been damaged. This type of vessel was used for hundreds of years and the shape changed very little during that time. The man who donated this object to the museum was Commissioner of Larnaca between 1879 and 1908 and collected many archaeological objects during his time on the island of Cyprus. Unfortunately he did not record where any of the objects were discovered.