This is a flat based, round bodied, two handled jug with a tall slim neck and round splayed lip. The type of pottery is known as ‘Black-on-Red Ware’. This vessel is decorated with black horizontal bands round the body, with black painted handles (showing signs of wear) and concentric circles on the shoulders. It is approximately 15 cm tall and dates from the Cypriot Iron Age. The man who donated this object to the museum was Commissioner of Larnaca between 1879 and 1908 and collected many archaeological objects during his time on the island of Cyprus. Unfortunately he did not record where any of the objects were discovered.