This jug has been made to imitate the shape of a bird. The head has been reduced to a short round neck with a broader band beneath a flat flared lip. There are no wings but the pointed rear gives an indication of a tail. It has not been decorated but instead has been ‘burnished’ to give a smooth surface. The man who donated this object to the museum was Commissioner of Larnaca between 1879 and 1908 and collected many archaeological objects during his time on the island of Cyprus. Unfortunately he did not record where any of the objects were discovered.