Originally acquired through a taio relationship by 1st Lieutenant Francis Godolphin Bond on the HMS Providence in 1792. Bond donated this costume to the Devon and Exeter Institution in 1815, of which he was a proprietor. This gift was recorded in the D&EI committee meeting minutes. The Devon & Exeter Institution presented this costume to the Albert Memorial Museum in 1872.
Dia = 180mm
Anne D’Alleva, 1994 “Finely braided human hair cordage formed into a coil.”